Tuesday, July 7, 2020

July 7th: Enjoying Studio City, Rebecca, London and Trevi

Note. Blogspot put out a new version of software. It's terrible. You'll notice weird spacing and photo placement but it's the best I can do. I'll look for a new software, but in the meantime, so be it.Maybe it will get better or I'll get smarter!


It wasn't all work at Rebecca's. We both like similar food so we had many excellent dinners, if I do say so myself.  The first day I made swordfish on the grill with a garlic, butter, ginger soy sauce glaze. It was delicious and Rebecca's great grill made it fun to grill in the back yard.







I had noticed that Trevi's hair was getting pretty long. Rebecca said the last time Trevi got a haircut, they didn't cut it short enough. (Sorry, no before picture.) Time for a trim, or should I say scalp! Rebecca got out the clippers and went to work. She went from looking like a cute hairball to a very sleek and cute puppy! Nice job. I was surprised at how much hair came off of her.


















I continued to walk the dogs and enjoy the sights in the neighborhood. Here are some of the more unique pictures.



Great Tree Trunk

This software is really annoying! I cannot get the text where I want it. Anyway, the trunk of the tree was about 8 feet thick. Looks like it's out of a prehistoric time. There was a sign on the easily climbed trunk warning of a bee hive. I could see the hole but no bees.

I liked the unique shape of the house on the right.
Some of the trees are huge, like this one. That is not a small house underneath it.











Before I left Rebecca's, I asked if she wanted me to make anything special. The requests included a big pot of vegetable soup, just like her Grandpa Drouhard used to make, (Chunks of Swiss Cheese added just before eating) barbecued chicken, and a big pot of clam chowder. All freezes well so she was set until I returned.

On the way home I stopped at San Juan Capistrano to see our very good boating friends, Karen and Craig Rahn, whom we first met on the Trent Canal in Canada. We thoroughly enjoyed cruising with them for three summers. Whenever we got to California, we would stop to visit because they live half way between Rebecca and Matt & Wendy. One of my favorite pictures of Linda was taken on her last visit there and although I posted it before here it is again.

Linda overlooking the ocean at San Juan Capistrano, California

Wendy told me a while ago that there are some things that won't fit into a pre-existing category in your mind. Just make a new category. Others might think I'm crazy but I have done that. I  can't explain it nor do I want to analyze it. I've come to believe that a person's energy lives on, and it sure seems like it is possible to connect to it. My good old cognitive self says, "You're delusional" But there are things that have happened that I can't fit into the cognitive categories in my brain, which is why I now have a new "There's more to the universe than I know"category. As I looked for the picture I talked about, I could not find it. I looked in our Google Photos file, old blog posts, started getting frustrated and decided to try to find it later. When I came back to the computer later and woke it up, there was Linda, from an earlier blog, staring me in the face, picture enlarged. I have no explanation for how that happened. Perhaps it was something I did, but I don't know what it could have been. At any rate I say, "Thank you Linda."

I think I'll end this blog on that note. I'll continue with the San Juan Capistrano visit in the next blog.


1 comment:

  1. You can switch back to the legacy interface if you do not like the new one. Just open the page that your post are listed...where you would go to change settings or make a new blog and find the legacy button or maybe it's called old version at the bottom left and click on it. Just like that you have the old version bag. Good luck. I enjoy staying up on what's going on in your life. Ours is pretty slow right now.

    ReplyDelete