Monday, July 13, 2020

July 12th: 49th Anniversary Celebration


Linda and I were married July 10, 1971. We met in college and have been inseparable for 52 years. As this date was coming up a number of caring people expressed their support for me on what was perceived as a difficult day. I also perceived it as possibly a difficult day, but I wanted to get past the grief and celebrate 52 wonderful years.

Matt, Wendy, Rebecca and I got together to make that happen. I've learned that although I'm not past the grief, I can still celebrate and enjoy the memories.

Rebecca came down from Studio City with London and Trevi. We spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday together, doing what we would have done if Linda were here with us. It felt like she was.

Here are some pictures from the past that we enjoyed seeing again.


1971













Linda on our honeymoon. First trip together
 on the Trent Canal in Canada




4 generations, Grandma Grosswiller,
Linda's Grandma,  Leona Drouhard
 (Linda's Mom) Linda and Wendy 















Linda, Wendy and Rebecca, one of
 our annual trips to the Trent Canal
Christmas with Wendy and Rebecca



Celebrating our anniversary with
 a carrot cake while on the Great Loop
View from the top of the hiking path

The dogs really enjoy this path
I took the dogs for a hike on the path near Wendy and Matt's house Friday morning. It's a nice path with a great view.









We continued the tradition of playing Mario Cart. I even won a round or two!


And I decided to make a prime rib for dinner. It was always one of our favorites, Linda in particular. It turned out great!







Wendy made some zucchini bread with the zucchinis from Rebecca's hydroponic garden. It was also great! I was amazed that this is a picture of Rebecca's zucchinis just a week ago. They were full grown when she brought them.









London

Trevi & Linda
Of course, Trevi and London scored a little bit of the Rib Roast, after all it was our anniversary and Linda loved those dogs!











It was a very enjoyable anniversary celebration. 




No comments:

Post a Comment