Thursday, December 22, 2022

December 22nd: The San Diego Holiday Light Display

 

As promised, here are some pictures from the San Diego Botanic Garden display that Matt, Wendy and I enjoyed. It was quite different then I expected. There was a great deal of black lighting plus unusual light displays. Many reminded me of the 70's. One section even had several large Disco Balls in the trees. It was quite difficult to get some things photographed but here are the best photos.


Matt, Wendy and Steve at San Diego Botanic Garden









Wendy's shoes glowed
in the black light























There were quite a few moving light displays that reflected up into the trees and really all over the place. Here is the best video I could get.



That's the end of the organized parades/festivities. One of our pickleball friends hosted a Christmas party. We all brought an appetizer. I decided to make my corned beef/cream cheese/pickle roll ups. I brought them last year and they were a big hit. Why mess with success? They are a little labor intensive but not really that hard to put together. I recommend it as an appetizer for parties. Also, red and green for Christmas! 



 


Buzz, who was one of the hosts, is a very accomplished amateur photographer. His pictures are truly amazing. He and his wife have visited all the continents. He played a slide show for us that was wonderful. Here is a picture of the large picture hanging in their living room which he took.



I have been enjoying California, especially being close to Matt, Wendy, Rebecca, London and Trevi. I still own Yesterday's Dream for the time being. Mychael, (He's like an adopted grandkid) is living on the boat, taking care of it and paying the expenses. He hopes to have enough money to buy it down the road but I'm fine with this arrangement. It gives me the option to go back and use the boat whenever I might want to.


I am looking forward to the next couple months. I will be bringing in the New Year with the Rahns by spending 3 days at Palm Desert with them. Then I will be going on a Disney Marvel Comics Cruise in January with my great Canadian friends and family, the Petersons. The same people I spent 6 weeks with living and renovating their island buildings this summer in Canada. (Blog covers that)

Cindy, Liam, Randy, Nick, Niki and Mea at Banana Bay 2019

 After the cruise, we'll be taking the grandkids to Disney World for three days. Then Randy Cindy and I will go back to Banana Bay in Marathon and spend 5 days visiting with old friends. And we are all “Old,” but lots of fun. 


Banana Bay - 2018


Then Randy and Cindy will join me in California for the month of February. Beats the winter in Canada, 200 miles north of Toronto!


I plan to finally return to Guppy and cruise the Trent Canal, Georgian Bay and the North Channel this summer. 

Have a great Christmas! I have so many great memories of the times we spent together over many years. Here is a Christmas picture of our family from 2019.  

Christmas at Matt and Wendy's - Encinitas, CA 2019



Many of you will be getting snow, but for me this picture of the Drouhard family farm will suffice! 



Merry Christmas




No comments:

Post a Comment