Sunday, November 1, 2020

October 31st: Very strange Halloween


Well it was a beautiful "Blue moon for Halloween." The sky was crystal clear. As far as I know there was no "Trick or Treating". Very sad, but certainly the safest way to go. Hopefully next year! I think we should declare an alternate Halloween night once the vaccine arrives! I am still hopeful and anxiously waiting for this to end like everyone else. 


I did finish the Vintage candy wrapper puzzle. It left me longing for many of the candies in the puzzle.


We had some entertainment as Matt and Wendy's roof was being replaced. Three guys removed all the shingles in one morning and threw the remains in the big dump truck in the driveway. I took the picture after the truck was moved down a ways. It was right at the edge, so they could toss the old shingles right in the truck.






Next the shingle truck arrived. I was thinking, "Sure glad I don't have to carry those shingles up a ladder to the roof. But Matt said, "Oh they have a really cool conveyor belt that puts them on the roof." 









Very nice! Having carried shingles to the roof for repairs I surely appreciate the new approach! They raised the boom (conveyor) and strategically located it so the guys on the roof could unload the shingles. Very nice!









Wendy decided to visit a couple thrift shops to see if she could find some Type One clothes and/of fabric. I went along even though so far having visited several thrift shops, the men's clothes had no Type One colors. I finally thought I found one. A nice bright orange shirt! Then I looked at the back. Being the "City Boy" from Cleveland I am not a hunter. I did think my niece Mandy who always seems to bag the best deer come hunting season at the farm, would love the shirt. Sadly, it was an extra large and she is smaller than Linda. Just wouldn't work!







I am continuing to enjoy seeing new things as I go for my aerobic walks. I have passed this house right on the main drag numerous times and never noticed the cage right on the other side of the sidewalk. The cacti kind of hide it. 

I wondered, "What could they have in that cage here in the city?" Upon looking closer, It was chickens! I just never know what I'll see next!









I love the way the ocean views change depending upon the waves, the time of day and the amount of sunshine. This was a particularly beautiful view.


And on my way back home I spotted this new to me growth. It looks like a Yucca plant but it is something new to me! Neat looking plant!











While I was at Matt and Wendy's, Matt was cleaning the ceramic tile floor with a little steam cleaner. It was pretty efficient looking. I thought, "Hmmm, I've been in my apartment 5 months and never washed the tile floor. It's mottled brown so the dirt probably wouldn't show. Wanting to be a good renter, I borrowed the cleaner. First I moved everything out of the way, vacuumed and then used the steam cleaner. I guess it's a good thing that the little cleaning pad had almost no dirt on it when I finished. However, clearly a waste of time and effort! Won't be doing that again. I always take my shoes off when entering the apartment and the only thing I can track in is sand, which vacuums easily! No mud nor dirt. I love California.



It's easy to get sidetracked into wanting to relive the past and worrying about the crazy way my world has changed this past year. Thanks to many smart and helpful family and friends, I find I can enjoy what life has to offer in this time and place. I have a lot to be grateful for. Stay safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment