Thursday, April 16, 2020

April 16th: Followup to Sad News


Linda and Steve at Banana Bay point overlooking the Bay


I've had a number of questions which are certainly understandable given Linda's and my living on a boat. I decided to put the answers on the blog for anyone seeking information.

1. Do you have a current mailing address?

Yes. I will remain here at Banana Bay Marina for the next couple months. That had been our plan and it is as safe and nice a place as any.

Mailing address is:

Banana Bay Marina - Franko slip 8
4590 Overseas Hwy
Marathon, FL 33050

Ph: 216-256-7839
My email address is sfrankobb@gmail.com

2. Will there be a service?

Linda nor I would want anyone to travel nor gather given the COVID#19 risks. Many of us are in the high risk area. I plan to have at least two Celebrations of Linda's Life Gatherings once it is safe. One in FL and one in Ohio. I suspect that will be at least 2 months down the road, probably longer. In the meanwhile, your calls, thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated. One advantage of not having one big gathering is I am finding time to have many personal conversations. Often at a funeral or wedding I feel like, "But I never really had a lengthy conversation with half the people there. Too many people not enough time!"

3. Are you alone or will Family come?

The answer is "No" and "No". Linda and I have spent the last 11 winters here at Banana Bay Marina and have many good friends. They loved Linda and we are working through this together. I have a lot of support. I have told family, I am okay and the last thing I would want is to have someone get the virus coming to see me. In fact the Keys are closed to nonresidents so I couldn't set something up if I wanted to. Technology is wonderful. We are connecting through our computers and cell phones often. While it would be great to be together, it is even greater to know people are safe.

4. Can I make a donation in Linda's memory? My family is considering organizations to suggest if someone wants to make a donation in memory of Linda. Many of us would like to come up with something that would be a connection between kidney donor Tom in AZ and Linda. I'll post it in the next blog.

5. Will there be a green flash tonight? I have put in a request to Linda and fully expect a great green flash, which we can see from our fly bridge. learn more about Green Flash


No comments:

Post a Comment