Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday June 12: Survived Day 1 ...


Enterprise came to the marina to pick us up right on time: 9 am.

By the time Steve did a last minute shopping trip at Walmart to pick up a few more grocery items (he was leaving for 10 days and wanted to make sure there was plenty of 'good' food in the boat) it was 11:30. That allowed 2 hours to drive to the Toronto airport and still get him there 3 hours ahead of his flight time.

In fairness, I guess I did make the statement that as soon as he left I was going to get a REAL pizza - none of this gluten free stuff - with TRIPLE cheese. All talk though .... seems as though good eating habits are hard to break :-)

I did have a project to work on - which definitely is a good thing. But I needed a jig saw. Where are Randy and Cindy on I Think I Can ...? They were our tool supplier at Banana Bay - along with Jenna Star (large crescent wrench) and Reflection (snap tool).

So a stop at Home Depot on the way back from the airport was in order.

I love tools that come with a bag! So easy to keep everything together and organized :-)



The stove redo is started. One burner is fitted - the other opening will be cut to fit the second induction burner tomorrow.

This is replacing the electric/alcohol stove that came in the boat originally. Our inverter will run one burner on low heat and then both of course if the generator is running.

The alcohol part of the old stove worked ok but having an open flame on a gas powered boat just didn't make a lot of sense to us.

And of course Steve loves his induction burners for cooking!

After a 10 hour direct flight for Steve and a much longer not direct flight for Becky (from LA to boot), the two of them managed to hook up! They said this was a toast to me .....

I might be getting jealous ....

But I survived Day 1. Seems I am able to cook if I want to - but, man, am I spoiled.

I'm thinking I'll really realize just how spoiled I am by the time Steve returns :-)









No comments:

Post a Comment