Thursday, June 6, 2024

June 1st: Having fun at Palm Desert with the Rahns


 The Rahns invited me to their Palm Desert time share. Its a very nice place. It was very hot but we worked around the heat. 





The unit has a full kitchen, spacious living room, dining area and a wonderful view of the mountains. The sunsets are amazing.





There are a lot of water features, including a big pond for the flamingoes. 









We had full use of the resort facilities which are very scenic to walk around at night. 





The highlight of my stay was the Native American Museum and spa.


The spa was quite luxurious. 




Karen talked me into trying the immersion tank. Its a sensory deprivation tank/room I spent 45 minutes in it alone. Lights were optional. It was interesting and I quickly became very relaxed and also disoriented. The salt water kept me afloat so it felt like I was in air. It was quite relaxing and surreal.

The museum was very interesting. Here are some signs that give some of the history.










































The oasis walk outside the museum
















Craig and Karen at the museum entrance




A very fun experience was walking to the falls in Taquitz Canyon which was highlighted at the museum. Craig and I had a beautiful hike up to the falls




Taquitz Falls

Taquitz Canyon















No comments:

Post a Comment