Friday, May 10, 2024

May 10th: I moved to Laguna Niguel, California

My apartment balcony is second floor
I moved to Laguna Niguel, CA. I was seeking someplace closer to my friends in San Juan Capistrano, close to the Dana Point Marina where the Rahns and my friend Fran socialize a lot, a place with more of a social network, a larger space in which to live, and a must, a bathtub, which I didn't have in Encinitas. I really enjoy taking a bath. After looking around for quite a while, I came across Fountain Glen in Laguna Niguel. 

My new place is 15 minutes from the marina and 15 minutes from the Rahns. Its a great location with very extensive convenient shopping. It seems to be a wonderful community. Check out this website to see why I am so impressed.  Laguna Niguel Info

Fountain Glen Laguna Niguel is a 55+ apartment community. Fountain Glen   Although close to the coast, the area has a lot of open spaces and the view from my apartment is spectacular. You can see one of many hiking trails in the picture from my balcony. ( The little patch of sand in the middle)






The view from my 2nd floor apartment balcony



Here is the overall floor plan. I like the fact that the complex is only 3 stories and not just a big rectangle.

 


















I am in Apartment 236, yellow. I am on the end and have a great view 270 degrees




















My Encinitas place was furnished so I didn't have a lot of anything. My new place was not furnished. However, Matt and Wendy are going to do some extensive travelling and renting their house out unfurnished. Therefore, I could take any of their stuff I wanted. Pots, pans, dishes, beds, furniture, etc. You get the idea! So when you view the pictures a lot will look familiar!




Living room



My Bedroom



 
Guest Bedroom and play room, art/puzzles, computer.





I thoroughly enjoyed taking a bath my first night. It was a long day and I slept great.




My apartment is 2 bedrooms and 2 baths so I also have a very nice walk-in shower with two seats.











I woke in the morning to a beautiful view and numerous song birds. I have the Merlin App which identifies birds by their songs. Here is a list of the birds that were chirping away. It was wonderful!








Nice well equipped Kitchen










I installed Wendy and Matt's very fun shower curtain. Becky said I needed new bedding and towels. House warming gift. She and Wendy even shopped for me and everything looks and feels great.






There is a very nice pool, hot tub and barbecue area.


A large club house area is used for activities and is open to residents all the time. There are always several puzzles being worked on available to anyone interested.



I mentioned Fran's Boat. It is getting some major repairs. I am helping Fran by working with the mechanic to coordinate needed repairs. She appreciates my many years of boating repair experience on Yesterday's Dream. It is a great boat and will be ready for a Memorial day yacht club group cruise at the end of May. I have been invited to join her and captain her boat. Here is a picture. 




I want to give credit where it is due. I am including some before pictures of my move. Thanks to Matt and Wendy, Becky, Craig and Karen Rahn my place came together very well. It was wonderful to have their labor, insights and energy.









It was quite the transition!







No comments:

Post a Comment