Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday January 27: Happiness Is ....

Happiness is finally being able to check the calendar on the wall by my "office" to figure out what day of the week and date it is! Becky began what has become a tradition of putting together a calendar with pictures of family events of the previous year. It's really nice and we look forward each year to her creation!

Because we celebrated Christmas so late this year, I never knew what the date was for the last 3 weeks as my last calendar ended on December 31. Most days I felt I  was very lucky if I could even figure out what day of the week it was!

Thanks Becky for helping out your aging parents in this way :-)






Yes, it is true. I actually did some work this week! We thought the electric motor on the aft head finally bit the dust. Turns out is was just missing a pin in one of the connections.

But since it was removed anyway, Steve decided we might as well sand and paint it before reinstalling it. Good plan so I sanded and spray painted it yesterday while he made a trip to Home Depot for a couple of parts. It has yet to be reinstalled but I think it's on the list for tomorrow.

It is still VERY windy so we continue to stay in the harbor.

Steve scanning the horizon :-)
Joe and Joy from High Spirits did arrive Friday to  Marathon. They are on a mooring ball at the City Marina and will stay a couple of weeks before heading to the Bahamas.

They invited us to dinner tonight at their boat so we rode our bikes to the marina and scanned the horizon for Joe to pick us up in their dinghy.

I was a little worried when Joe called to warn us to bring waterproof jackets along for the dinghy ride (it was still quite windy which can mean spray from the waves).

But it was not a problem - even on the way back! Sailors clearly enjoy being on a mooring ball a lot more than I do .... give me a dock anytime :-)

The ride back to the dock after dark was even more exciting as we had to make our way through the shallow area of the mooring field (this field has moorings for 250 boats!). With Steve and I both with a flashlight though we made our way back to the dinghy dock with no issues. Good job Captains Joy (back) and Joe (to High Spirits) for piloting the dinghy!!


Cards (Euchre) for the women were terrible - second night for this nonsense by the way - so Joy and I have determined that we will do dominoes tomorrow night when they join us for dinner on our boat.

Most people don't realize how I really hate to lose at cards .... or anything for that matter .....






No comments:

Post a Comment