Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tuesday September 20: Birthday Number 62

Well, it's official: I'm now 62! How can that be possible? It remains to be a mystery to me as it doesn't seem that I get any older yet some memories definitely seem a lifetime ago. We had plans to go to a Spanish tapas restaurant in the Inner Harbor (1/2 off coupon at LivingSocial if you haven't tried it yet consider it - as it's kind of fun) but Steve woke up feeling really crummy. So after a breakfast in, we spent the day hanging around the boat reading. Later in the day I went to the grocery store and found cake by the slice so I ended up with carrot and german chocolate cake. And squiggly candles which were kind of fun! Blackberry ice cream on the side and we were good to go!
Oddly enough, it is also my brother's birthday! Dick was born 3 years to the day after me so every year we celebrated our birthdays together. My cake would be the bottom half of a double decker cake and his the top. He said last night that he grew up thinking we were twins :-) So he's only 59 this year - the baby of the family. Guess we're ALL getting old! This picture is probably his first grade picture :-) but I'm not sure of the year.
Yesterday I finally took the time to put my new portable scanner to work and started getting papers together for the insurance work on the bottom (from the stump) of the boat done. I LOVE this little thing! It scans and produces PDF documents so everything can be filed electronically and all of the records we need to keep can now be electronic instead of paper. Makes organizing things very easy and it works great!
At breakfast this morning we ran into Mike from MI-T-MO. With him were a couple of other boaters so we joined them. Turns out she (Linda) is the captain of the pirate boat that plies the waters of the Inner Harbor! We saw the pirate ship when we made the trip to the Inner Harbor when Becky was here. She's pretty funny and really enjoys dressing the part. Very popular thing to do in Baltimore and most weekends are sold out 2 weeks ahead of time.
More later this week .....

No comments:

Post a Comment