Sunday, May 21, 2023

May 21st: Catching up with the blog - The San Elijo Lagoon

 I looked at the blog and realized its been almost a month since my last posting. It's been a busy and good month. The weather had been overcast and quite cool for quite a while. 



Finally it became sunny again, just the way it is supposed to be. So I headed to the San Elijo Lagoon. I've posted pictures before. It has been fun to see the continued development of the lagoon as a nature preserve. The grading and native plants have changed the landscape into a beautiful area. The birds clearly like it. I decided to dedicate this blog to the lagoon and some of the informative signs that are posted along the trails. You might remember that the first time I posted pictures most of this was mostly graded mud.


























I'm certain you can see why I enjoy hiking around in the lagoon. The walking paths are in many areas, intentionally away from the river that winds through the lagoon to the ocean. That gives the birds their own space. Binoculars are very helpful when walking. It's difficult to get good pictures of birds with my phone. I was able to catch this fun lizard in a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment