Tuesday, July 19, 2022

July 19th: Update on Change of plans

 As some of you know I was scheduled to fly back to Encinitas yesterday. I had returned to Randy and Cindy's house Sunday with Nick and his Mom because Nick is still working. He lives right next door. I had a nice itinerary beginning at the Muskoka Regional airport. A cute, very small, inexpensive  and easy regional airport, 20 minutes from Randy and Cindy's house.  http://www.muskokaairport.com/about/  

I would fly to another small regional airport in downtown Toronto, (much better than the major Toronto airport) and then on to Chicago, clear customs and fly to San Diego on Southwest. Everything was going well. I was on the plane and the pilot said we'd leave in 15 minutes, doors closing. Waited close to 30 minutes and the doors were reopened. Hmmmm! Not good. Turned out a ground crew member saw a small fuel leak. Long story short, they finally cancelled the flight. Fortunately, Nick's mom, who dropped me off, was able to come and get me. So I am back at Randy and Cindy's house. The earliest I could rebook my flights without paying a small fortune is Friday. I was actually fortunate to be able to get that! This is a nice place to be stuck. Randy and Cindy are still at the island cottage with kids and grand kids but have graciously offered their place until Friday.  Friday, Nick's mom will again take me to the airport. I couldn't have better friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment