Friday, March 26, 2021

March 15th: Final chapter of the Linda Franko Celebration of Life

The Zoom Celebration of Linda's Life went very well. It was wonderful to connect with everyone even if it was virtually. The memories and stories shared made for a true celebration. Having the celebration virtually in February, instead of waiting until May, was the right decision. It had already been way too long after Linda passed away. I included a few favorite pictures.


July 10th, 1971


Horseback riding in the Dominican Republic
Lobster dinner, Oceanside, CA








Colorado Trip








Kayaking on the Trent Canal, Canada




Linda with Trevi





Warren, Linda, Pat, Dick Tom (Linda's Brothers)

Linda with London














Great Loop friends, Peter & Cheryl Webb,
Cheryl's mom Lois, Linda & Jim Murray




Cindy, Randy, Cricket, Gigit & Linda - Bobcaygeon,
Canada - Favorite spot on the Trent Canal


I had been waiting until I returned to Florida to drop some of Linda's ashes in her favorite kayaking spot. There is a small very protected harbor at Crane Point. I had no idea it would take so long to return to Florida when I left last May. I saw this as the finale to celebrating Linda's life.   

I waited for some very calm weather and then kayaked out to Crane Point, a place Linda and I always enjoyed kayaking. 

View from inside the harbor
Crane Point harbor opening



End of the protected harbor
where I dropped Linda's ashes.

Crane Point is a protected preserve with a very nice harbor that houses lots of birds, fish, jellyfish, etc. I still miss Linda terribly but knowing her ashes have a home in the little harbor at Crane point makes me happy. I'm certain Linda approves. I'll enjoy connecting with her whenever I kayak there.


 



Linda and I always truly enjoyed our trips to spend time with Matt & Wendy and Rebecca. 

Point Loma, San Diego, California


My thanks again to everyone for making the Celebration of Linda's Life so successful.





No comments:

Post a Comment