Saturday, August 8, 2020

August 8th: Time alone in Encinitas


Kid's adventure zone
Wendy and Matt are still in Colorado having a lot of fun. I am enjoying their trip vicariously as they send pictures. I believe most of us are looking for something different so I'll include some of their photos, even though I wasn't there.










I'm not sure where these are from but they are fun.













And of course the scenery is still spectacular!


















Be sure to click on the picture on the right to enlarge it. I think they were trying to tell visitors something!











Back home in Encinitas nothing has changed. I get my daily walks in, play a little with Wendy's art stuff and read. I made these
stickers to decorate my computer. I like this vinyl because it changes colors depending upon the angle of the light.



I have made a point of calling and talking to people more often. Being so restricted by the C0#19 sure makes me miss being able to travel and get together with friends. I decided even though travel is out, we can still stay in touch. I find the phone and/or Face Time does help.


I can't get current photos but I decided as I talk to people I can include some fun photos from the past.

Warren, Linda, Pat, Dick & Tom
I have been communicating regularly with Linda's brothers. This is a favorite picture. The Drouhard "Kids" making apple butter during the Loudonville Fair. They are in front of the log cabin Linda's brother Pat re-constructed in the Loudonville town square.

Paul & Miriam Pendleton out West
Our life-long friends, Paul and Miriam Pendleton, gave me a call a few days ago. We met in Galion in 1976 and basically raised our kids together. We went on many fun trips. Our trip out west to Tombstone was one of the best.






In some of the neighborhoods, decorating mail boxes seems to have become contagious. As I've been walking I took pictures of some of the fun ones.




I should have "raised" the shark fin!

We kept Linda's parents Black Labradors for many years over the winters as they went South. They were great dogs so I really appreciated this one.








The weather has been great and I've enjoyed hanging out part of the time in Matt & Wendy's back yard. The swing is a great place to relax and/or take a nap. I seem to have acquired a friend! The neighbor's cat likes the swing as much as I do. I'm allergic to some cats but she doesn't seem to bother my allergies.



No comments:

Post a Comment