Monday, November 26, 2018

Monday November 26: Nice Weather


The weather has been crazy nice for the past week - enough so that Steve, and his fun little engine that runs so well, have been out dinghy fishing under the bridge 3 times.

And he's out again today! By himself today but Flint and Bill have accompanied him other days.

Lots of fish being caught - just not always the kind being sought!

Yesterday there was a quite large shark picking off many of the fish he or Flint had on the line.


Flint suggested that perhaps Steve needed a larger dinghy when he caught a glimpse of the shark! No worries though as it just wants their fish!

In the meantime the manatee have really been in the harbor. Several with "babies" that aren't all that small!

The young manatee will travel with mom for up to two years before taking off on its own.

We always enjoy seeing them visit.


Old screening.
New screening.
Much of my time lately has been spent making the new screens for the windows.

The old ones work fine but just don't clean up anymore after 10 years of being up almost all of the time. So much better!


New on the left, old on the right.
Since the screening is made from pvc I thought that a spray paint for plastic might be a solution so I tried that last winter on the two large windows port side.

That seemed to sort of work but just didn't hold up.

Check out the new screening on the left window vs the old screening on the right window. No contest :-)

So I continue to get the screens made ASAP. We visited my hand surgeon and set the date of Friday Dec 7 for him to fuse my right thumb - which means 2 months of a cast or splint. So my deadline for the screens have been set! Somehow I didn't expect the surgery to happen so fast but it is definitely the sooner the better :-)

Old runner - 18 years old!
New runner - here's to another 18 years!
I've also been shopping on the internet!

Finally, I was able to convince Steve that it really was time to replace the runner that was in our last home for 9 years and on this boat for another 9 years.

It held up amazingly well and of course the history of buying it made for nice memories. Guess it's finally time though to make new memories with the new runner, right?

It wasn't the first runner I ordered though. The first one was the wrong length! The length I ordered was what we received - oops. A slip of the 'order now' button :-)


We decided to just trim it a bit and use it in the aft cabin.

It was a win all around :-)

Nicer than getting up on the bare wood floor!!

I had also wanted to replace the shower curtain for the past 3 years or so .... Finally did that as well. Do you know how many shower curtains there are available on the internet?

Kind of crazy. But I am quite happy with the result of the change to white rather than a dark blue. Not sure what I was thinking when I picked that one out - again 9 years ago (at least).





Thanksgiving was very low keyed around here this year.

Steve baked a couple of cornish hens. Worked great and it was all in all a good day - and we do have so much to be thankful for .....






Steve's back from fishing - I will make my usual contribution by cleaning the yellowtail snappers he caught.

The shark was back and eating but Steve managed to get these three into the boat :-)

I see fish on the list for dinner tonight .....







No comments:

Post a Comment