Sunday, August 3, 2014

August 3: OD'd Again ....


Yep - we did it again. Friday was so much fun that we decided we to needed to stay another day yesterday and go back to the music festival!

Another day of 12 to 5, back to the boat for dinner, then return for the 6:30 - 10:30 show. This time we were prepared - lights for our bikes for the ride back!

The dockmaster here commented that he thought there was only so much of the "done me wrong", "run over by a train", "not woman enough to steal my man" that any one person could take in a day. He might have been right!


So today after two days of country music, we settled for a bike ride around Trenton and of course were drawn back to the music festival. Someone had opened the fence across the bike path so we took advantage to ride through the area where all of the RV's, tents and campers were parked.

We found the PERFECT little thing - it's like a Guppy on land! Maybe Matt and Wendy will go for something like this .....



Of course I had to stop and listen to the open mic for at least a few minutes! This is basically karaoke as anyone can just sign up to sing two songs - with a live band backup!

But no words on a screen .... very much made me think of Peter and Steve's performances at Joe's Crab Shack when we were with them in Hollywood, FL. What fun :-)

This guy reminded me of my brother-in-law Jim who plays the accordion - they called this a squeezebox - I called it a baby accordion!


Regardless, it was still very enjoyable and as it turned out is a good thing we stayed. My brother Warren called yesterday morning with the news that my aunt (my mom's sister) had passed away. I told him we were not answering any more calls from him.

So we'll pick up a car (2 blocks from here) tomorrow morning and head back to Ohio. Just 6 weeks from when my mom passed away. My aunt was 88 - 6 years younger than my mom - not really expected.

The amazing thing? The car rental place is not open tomorrow due to the Civic Holiday here in Ontario but the person running the rental agency will meet us anyway - and would have met us today if needed. There is no end to the generosity of people ......


So Guppy will sit here in Trenton in the shadow of the bridge which is, as stated, the gateway to the Trent. When we return we'll head east on Lake Ontario to the 1000 Islands. After that? Not sure but probably the Erie Canal in NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment