Saturday, February 15, 2014

Saturday February 15: Odds and Ends


As you know, yesterday was Valentine's Day and Steve was up early .... as usual.

But this time he was headed off to the store to get the ingredients for chocolate pumpkin muffins! How great they were and a special treat that he hasn't made in many moons.

Ignore the one with the bite out of it - that side just sort of stuck to the side of the pan ... That's my story and I'm sticking to it :-)


The last couple of days has seen great progress made on Guppy's canvas. The larger of the two tops is almost done and I'm quite happy with how it came out.

I'm using a material called Surlast - it's made by the same company that makes Sunbrella canvas but it's not as heavy and is waterproof (without needing retreated yearly).

Trying to sew a piece of material this large in the boat is a challenge - I miss my large industrial sewing machine but I sure do like this little one for being portable.

Steve meanwhile finished cleaning and polishing the stainless railings on the boat (a two day project really). He also finished up rebuilding the aft hatch by attaching the new wood edge using glue and screws.

Reattach the hinges and we are now good to go - a fully functioning aft hatch!

Final step was to put snaps on both the front and aft covers that I made at Matt and Wendy's back in October. No more leaks through the hatch cover!



Meanwhile the sun continues setting more and more toward the bay side. It seems every night it visibly moves closer and closer to setting over the water within our view.

One of these days: the nightly search for the green flash begins!

As you may know, Steve has taken on the responsibility of sending e-cards for birthdays and anniversaries. He sent me a copy of the Valentine's Day card he sent to our kids and I just cracked up! Can't stop playing it - I'm sure the kids think we are crazy but then they have known that for some time.

Just had to include it: click on the arrow in the center - turn your speakers on first :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment