Saturday, January 30, 2021

January 31st: Hooray! After waiting a year, 1st vaccination shot

I'm happy to report that I received my first coronavirus vaccination shot. I will say that a year ago I didn't think a vaccine would be developed this quickly. Hopefully, the production and vaccination process will speed up. I have wanted to get back to Florida and the boat. The boat doesn't like being neglected for long periods of time. Even if I just go back for a couple months it will allow me to do regular maintenance and take care of any issues that have come up over the last 9 months on the hard. There are always issues! I really hate to leave it untouched until next year. We'll see how it goes.

We had some very high winds come through the other day, gusting to 49 mph. I walked down to the beach where it was exhilarating. I took a couple videos. It's amazing how much palm trees bend. Obviously, that's why they don't get knocked down.



This one was taken out my window. There was a flash flood warning for Cardiff. We can always use the rain but it doesn't really help when it comes in a torrential downpour! I live on the side of a hill so no flooding here. The water just runs down to the ocean.


I rode my bike to a different location, Solana Beach. It's a very nice beach and a rather long but fun bike ride. The beach area is very nicely taken care of.


Solana Beach
There are a lot of old Volkswagon vans here in California. They certainly fit the California stereotype. There were several I captured on film. Most of the ones I see are in nice condition.










Wendy is still knitting. I am amazed at the stuff she can knit. I knew she was working on a stocking cap for a while, but I had no idea what the finished product was going to be. Very fun. It is sitting on top of the purse/bag she knitted. I told her it reminds me of a Minion!


Stocking cap sitting on top of Wendy's bag

Speaking of Wendy, I ran across one of my favorite pictures of her. I took this when we lived in Marshallville, Ohio when she was almost two years old. This was back in the days when we enjoyed having dandelions in our grass!

Wendy, almost 2 years old (1976)

The last time I walked the beach the tide was coming up rapidly so I moved to the road at Moonlight beach. There is a house there that has a truly amazing landscape. It has to be a tremendous amount of work keeping it up I daresay just about every type of cactus and succulent is represented.

Cacti/landscaping, home at Moonlight Beach

I also walked past the Encinitas library. It is a wonderful building built on the side of a hill. Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus, it is not open other than pick up and drop off. 


It occurs to me that I haven't put a sunset picture up in a while. As I think about living in Ohio during the winter I thought those of you up north might need a virtual sunset!


Sunset in Cardiff







No comments:

Post a Comment