Saturday, April 4, 2015

Saturday April 4: Exploring Marco Island


The bikes came off again this morning as we had already picked out our breakfast place yesterday.

Susie's Diner. Not at all what we expected but good nonetheless. Voted best breakfast in Marco Island -

The scary thing to me? Putting Est. 1983 like that's a long time ago or something! Really - isn't all that long ago. Our kids are older than that .... guess maybe I'm getting old :-)






So we rode around the island for a bit checking out dolphins. Found the bald eagle preserve (didn't spot either of the eagles even though in theory one should be on the nest with an egg) and stopped at Tigertail Beach.






It's a beautiful beach that wraps around the south and west of the island.

It's one of those kinds of beaches with white sand that is so fine it sort of sticks to everything. Very nice to look at.

Based on the aerial view of the island, I think every home comes with a canal and boat dock!


 Folks around here do love their dolpins! This one even had a baby dolphin as well :-)

And I loved the seahorse mailbox with the Easter bonnet - very cute!



There was a Dunkin Donut near the grocery store - I held out yesterday but today was the day, right? A Boston Creme. Never know when we might find the next one.

Ooooh ... family of four just ahead of me. Mmm .. how long could that take, right?

Apparently longer than I was willing to wait. I mean really, pick out your coffee and your donut and move on.

So I settled for rainbow sherbet instead. Probably a good trade off anyway.

Maybe before we leave in the morning .....




No comments:

Post a Comment