Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday March 15: How is it Mid-March Already?


The days here at Banana Bay continue to blend together. I'm not sure how it is that we've been here 2 1/2 months as it seems we just arrived.

A new experience today though: sunrise! One of our neighbors commented to me that 7 o'clock actually occurs twice a day ;-)

Personally, if I'm up before 8 it's unusual. Which is ok as I have accepted that I'm just not a morning person. Or perhaps that's just my excuse ....



Regardless, folks have been leaving the marina and starting to move north for the past couple of weeks.

This morning, Jon and Susan on Sundance headed out at 7 - hence my opportunity to see the sunrise.

We'll most likely stay another couple of weeks.


Yesterday Steve decided to tackle the ill-fitting side pieces of the flybridge enclosure.

Ever since we added a layer of sunbrella to the top canvas, the sides just barely were able to be snapped.

The new layer of canvas solved the problem of my needing - literally - an umbrella to stay dry on the flybridge if it rained but the additional stiffness didn't allow the sides and back to be fully snapped.





The solution started with shortening 4 of the stainless steel poles. The dremel was the tool of choice.

Once that was done, it was a matter of refitting the side and front plastic.

Some restitching and moving of snaps was needed but overall, it wasn't too bad to do.

Took Steve most of the day though. I spent the time finishing up taxes.

It was lunch out at our favorite place - The Hurricane Grill. They have a $5 lunch menu that is great.

This place has a huge lego display - Miami Beach.

The detail is surprising given how large the display.





I've declared today a 'think about it' day. The flybridge cover for Guppy is the last sewing project and I'm just not sure how to approach it. 

So I'll think on it for a while - usually a solution will present itself - either when I'm awake but more often as I sleep :-)

There was a 6 mile round trip bike ride this morning so maybe the solution will come during my nap this afternoon .......

No comments:

Post a Comment