Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saturday, December 31: New Year's Eve in Jacksonville

My time here has been enjoyable. I think it is the first extended 'alone' time since ????? It was a beautiful day - 70's and sunny with some wind. The boats around the marina are still decorated with Christmas lights so it's still pretty festive.
The past month in Cleveland and California meant seeing family and friends. My mom came back to the farm for the first time in 2 1/2 years with all of my brothers able to make it also. Quite the celebration :-) It went well even though Mom didn't remember living there for 50 years - and she thoroughly enjoyed Solomon (Mandy's new baby). Christmas was celebrated at Matt and Wendy's place. There are lots of holiday pictures that I will put on Picassa web one of these days :-)
I had reserved a compact car from Enterprise for the weekend ($40 total and they picked me up at the marina - how do you beat that!). So I was surprised to find myself driving a small Ford SUV - perfect as we bought a dock box on Craig's list back at the end of November but the plan was to pick it up in St. Augustine by boat (about a day's travel down the ICW) but instead I was able to meet the person selling it half way and just picked it up. Perfect :-)
Tomorrow: Marialice arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment